26 years ago on this day I made my entrance into the world. After 36 hours of reluctant cooperation I decided Superbowl Sunday would be my birthday.
26 years? I’m closer to 30 than 20 now. Wow. Adult time.
What have I learned, achieved, and discovered in my 26 years?
– Family and true friends are the most important thing in the world. Well, after Jesus.
– I’ve won some big awards and championships, but not without learning the true value of dedication and hard work.
– Life can change in the blink of an eye, so don’t get too comfortable.
– I became the first woman on my Mother’s side of the family graduate from a University.
– Be financially responsible, and live within your means.
– The right guys does exist, I promise. Never settle.
– I landed a career in an industry I’ve dreamed about since high school.
– Have medical insurance, because breaking your bionic ankle costs $200,000 +
We only get one shot at this thing called life, so slow down and enjoy the ride. It won’t always be smooth, pretty, and perfect. But it’s real. And everyday we get another chance to make the most of it.
Thanks for those 36 hours Mom, happy labor anniversary day to you!