I haven’t posted since Nov 8th. Woops.
Here’s what’s been going on:
– Bossman and I moved into an office. It’s about a mile from my house, score! And, I get to bring Betsy Ross in with me. She’s lovin’ it. There’s other doggies here too and she gets lots of love from the office guys.
– I got a mini “promotion?” I took on some additional responsibilities at the new office. I still work with Bossman, but now I’m handeling all the scheduling and meeting appointments for the studio we’re working with. I spend lots of time sending emails and making event invites in gCal.
– We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family. We always celebrate Thanksgiving the Sunday before the official day. I made mini-pies! Apple and Pumpkin. Leftovers were enjoyed by my office-mates.
– I got the nasty winter cold that’s making its way through everyone’s home and work. It was icky. Glad it’s over.
– We enjoyed Thanksgiving with Merfman’s family. I made my first ever green-bean casserole. Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen the Butter Queen.
– Merfman and I went shopping on Black Friday! I know, I never thought I would do it. We waited until after lunch and ventured out with very specific items on our list and a budget. I’d been wanting a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer FOREVER and with the wedding gift cards, a rebate and the black friday deals we got one for $70! Merman got a new pair of shoes for $35 and we got my phone plan switched so we’re both on Verizon now.
– When I got my phone switched I got a new iPhone 4s. I didn’t see the need or want to spend the money for the iPhone 5. I love my 4s because I can talk to Siri and have her give me directions or makes calls/emails/texts for me when I’m driving. Now, if I could just get my bluetooth set back up in my car…
– Merfman hung our Christmas lights! It’s not even December and we’re ahead of the game! He’s been a busy bee around the house the past few weeks since he’s had some time off and I’ve been sick and useless. He even hung the rain gutters on the back of our house all by himself! I love that man. I LOVE having projects completed.
– We started our Christmas shopping. We’re keeping the budget small this year and trying to be really creative with out gifts. I site Dave Ramsey for this ;) It’ll be a Christmas Like No One Else!
So that’s what’s up. I’m so excited for Christmas, it’s my FAVORITE time of year. I love the extra time with family and friends and the cozy feeling of the holiday. We’re planning to decorate the house this weekend and buy our tree! I’ll be sure to take some photos to make up for the lack of images in this post.